Will you be in Prague on Saturday and thinking about how to spend an afternoon when there is no Prague Pride parade? We call you on a rainbow cruise on the Vltava, and if you prefer to stay on your feet on solid ground, come to picnic to Pride Village.
Střelecký island lies on the route of the historically first voyage of pride, which will clear the waters of the Vltava. So come with friends to Pride Village, relax on a blanket or in the grass and wave the passing boats Prague Pride. You will hear the boats from a distance and when they appear in front of you, you will see a lot of rainbow, beautiful drag queens, warm lifeguards and simply a real pride atmosphere, which is so important to us this year due to coronavirus remote. Take a selfie with the boat in the background - Instagram potential high!
Střelecký Island is one of the best places where you can enjoy Saturday in peace and with a drink in hand. Stop by the Prague Pride information stand, where you can buy festival merch, browse the NGO market at the tip of the island. Bring your own food, picnic blankets and drinks. About musical accompaniment our Jukebox will take care of it, in which you can choose which song you want.
What would Prague Pride be without the festival village on Střelecký island! Although this year the festival is due coronavirus quite different, we did not take that assurance. Again, we have a bloated six days for you program in a pleasant environment of the island in the middle of the river.
You can sit on the grass with us, have a drink or sausage and enjoy a relaxing afternoon.
We have for you:
- Prague Pride information kiosk with festival merchandise and free Primeros condoms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Rental of blankets, games and sports equipment
- Deck chairs, fatboys
- HIV testing at the Czech AIDS help Society checkpoint – results on hold
- Filip’s Barbershop (every day 15 – 21 hod), Barbarette hairdresser with a wheel of fortune (Friday)
- Yoga lessons – Tue and Wed 18:00, Thu – Sat 15:00. Admission 80 CZK, take a yoga mat with you
- We Are Fair – a petition to urge Czech MPs to take a vote on the Equal Marriage Bill
- Logos – spiritual space, information on belief and LGBT
- Loono – prevention of oncological, cardiovascular and sexually transmitted diseases (Wed – Fri)
- Amnesty International + Trans*parent – petition against the Hungarian ban on official gender change, support to campaign #Drop33; creating a trans flag collage that will grow every day.
- LIFE90 – stories of older LGBTI +
- Transfer Station – sale of clothing to support a social enterprise employing people without home
- In Iustitia – information on prejudicial violence and hate speech (Mon – Wed)
Pride Village will be open:
Monday 18:00 till 22:00
Tue – Fri 15:00 till 21:00
Saturday 13:00 till 21:00
Please respect the current safety measures against the spread of coronavirus set by the Czech government.
The number of people on the island will be controlled to ensure the safety of all visitors, performers and the organizational team.